Introductory Map Reading Course for OS Maps & OS Apps

Originally published at: https://chilternsociety.org.uk/event/introductory-map-reading-course-for-os-maps-os-apps-6/

The aim of the course is to enable you, when walking a new route on an OS Explorer map or the OS app, to relax and enjoy the scenery rather than having your nose glued to the map/screen.

You learn as you go along on a very scenic 6 mile walk around The National Trust Ashridge Estate on a routed map extract in the course leader’s book ‘60 Choice Walks in the Chilterns’ (RRP£10) which is included in the price of the course.

Free GPX files for all the walks in the book are downloadable from the publisher (see page 8 in the book).

The three main reasons for coming on the course are: ‘I always seem to have my nose glued to the phone, thus missing the scenery’; ‘I’m fed up with getting lost’; ‘I am a member of a walking group and I would like to have the confidence to lead a walk when it is my turn to do so.’

Feedback from previous courses: ‘Excellent event, very enjoyable and informative. We will definitely use the book provided to do other walks using our new knowledge’; ‘ Great event; Dick Chapman is an inspiration! I learnt a lot from him on the day and he has inspired me to do a lot more map reading driven walking in the Chilterns using his book!’

If more details are required please contact Dick Chapman, 07927 256666. dick.chapman@ntlworld.com

Please no dogs.